I wish to say goodbye
To that image of your face
Which pops up in my dreams
Every now and then...
I wish it would disappear
With a blink of my eyes
But I find myself praying
For just one more sight.

I wish to say goodbye
To the sound of your voice
Which echoes in my ears
Each time I am alone...
I know I shouldnt listen
And not be falsely led on
But I find myself straining
For just one more word.

I wish to say goodbye
To the sight of your smile
Which stares back at me
From my reflection in the mirror...
It reminds me of your existence
Painfully still in my soul
But blinking tears away
I wish for one more smile.

I wish to say goodbye
To the feel of your hands
Which linger on mine
Just like they once did...
Keeping illusions alive
I realize is so foolish
But I still keep hoping
For just one more touch.

I have tried in vain
For days now
I am clueless as to when
I will finally say goodbye...
It seems to me
These sensations of yours,
Will live on in me
Till the day I die.


This entry was posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

7 comments:

    Navchawla said...

    so u becomin a better poet day by day...what a way to present the thoughts..amazing..keep it up dude

  1. ... on December 15, 2008 at 9:49 AM  
  2. Tara said...

    Good work Chintan! Spellbound. Very emotional stuff. Liked it a lot! :)

  3. ... on December 15, 2008 at 12:21 PM  
  4. Neha said...

    hey thats touching dont want to comment much...but emotions revealed i must say

  5. ... on December 20, 2008 at 11:19 PM  
  6. jack said...

    thaNKS For the feedback everyone

  7. ... on January 4, 2009 at 7:11 AM  
  8. KRiTiKA said...

    dat was really touchy...god job done..nicely potrayed...
    keep writing :)

  9. ... on January 6, 2009 at 3:12 AM  
  10. jack said...

    oh thank u..hmm wait for more
    keep visiting :)

  11. ... on January 6, 2009 at 3:16 AM  
  12. Unknown said...

    oh so intense work,
    hey i cant imagine you writing so senti stuff
    oh seriously its been long, lot have changed atleast your style of writing for sure

  13. ... on January 7, 2009 at 7:42 PM